Dogging

ajoten
ajoten Posts: 321
Made you look!

I struggle to get my/our act together to go out en famille, and this isn't helped by foolishly adding a dog to the count. I'm mulling on bringing the dog along:
  • I could get a basket (It's a Jack Russell, so not too big) but the wife is convinced it'll hate it.
  • I could get a trailer, but I imagine that being a pain in the @rse off road. For all parties.
  • It could just run alongside us, but as a JRT it has a tendency to get mental over hedgerows.
  • It could just run alongside us, but attached to the bike with one of those sticky-outy things that leads attach to. I fear for it getting caught in the wheels or yanking me over when a hedgerow appears.

Has anyone had any success with any of these methods? I'd especially welcome comments from JRT owners...
Андрю
Alu is real.

Comments

• estampida
    estampida Posts: 1,008
    the basket could work

if its the sort of dog that will stick his head out of the window then he will love the basket

all the smells of the world without any of the leg work....

otherwise check local forums and remember to douche before you go..........
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Are you aware of how prominently BR forum posts come up in Google searches that have search terms in the thread title?

Back on topic, your solution is to get a collie.
  • stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    You could get a dog carrier to use some of the time and let him run free when it is safe

http://canineconcepts.co.uk/en/dog-carr ... 28828.html
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    bompington wrote:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/137685/
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ajoten
    ajoten Posts: 321
    bompington wrote:

Good idea - you'll be happy to swap of course.
    Андрю
    Alu is real.