"You never know what the weather will be"

tailwindhome
tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
edited May 2013 in Pro race
“New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Ha big LOL on that one. I`ve seen it before but didn`t realise it was Wiggins.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,242
    Very funny indeed.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    Classic. His dismount doesn't look half bad until he hits that sticky patch of mud though...
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • disgruntledgoat
    Interesting also that Francis Mourey, the French CX champion, is sponsored by FDJ even now. Madiot clearly a big advocate.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    edited May 2013
    Maybe Brailsford needs to get Wiggins on the Cablocypede? Virenque used to be pretty terrible until his DS had him warming up on one before a mountain stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D7dlnzFEmo

(some of the above might not be true...)
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,440
    I love that video :lol:

I also love the 'THAT is a track cyclist' not another person, just some strange mascot we've managed to pick up.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • disgruntledgoat
    prawny wrote:
    I love that video :lol:

I also love the 'THAT is a track cyclist' not another person, just some strange mascot we've managed to pick up.

I thought there was a touch of the Attenborough's to it. Like it was some rare and exotic species.

They couldn't have timed it better for comedy purposes, or to illustrate his point, could they?

@gietvangent
  • Le Commentateur
    Le Commentateur Posts: 4,099
    Light snow forecast for the Galibier on 15th.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,811
    Interesting also that Francis Mourey, the French CX champion, is sponsored by FDJ even now. Madiot clearly a big advocate.

He takes them on a cyclocross camp every winter, AFAIK. He thinks it helps riders learn handling skills, and also "how to crash properly" something he picked up form Guimard.