Best way to get all the info from strava.

Cupras
Cupras Posts: 145
edited May 2013 in Commuting general
I currently ride to work using strava on my iPhone and its not all that accurate tbh(did a ride with my friend set off and finished together but had very different readings).
Now I want to know If I can add cadence and HRM to strava and if so what's the best way to do it?

Comments

• Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    For heart rate get a monitor that can hook up to your smartphone not sure if you can add cadence but it supports some power meters so I'd guess so.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Step_7
    Step_7 Posts: 38
    I bought a Wahoo Fitness iPhone case with the built-in ANT+ module. I can read data from HR strap and cadence/speed sensors. The Strava app records them just fine but I prefer to use Cyclemeter and then upload the files to Strava via email. The case is waterproof and seems to protect the phone pretty well. Alternatively I think you can get Bluetooth HR and cadence sensors which can connect directly to newer iPhones but haven't tried those myself.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Wahoo bluehr and bluesc work really well if you have an iPhone 4S or 5. If iPhone 4 you need the ANT case mentioned earlier.
  • Cupras
    Cupras Posts: 145
    I have a 4s I am now thinking a garmin could be the better approach.