selling up

carbongimp
carbongimp Posts: 35
edited May 2013 in Road general
hi im selling due to bad knees and work comitments is there anyone who sells bikes and parts on ebay for you or is it best to sell on forums.ive got thousands invested in bikes and bits wheels and cranks etc looking at getting rid in one go if I can hence the ebay seller
cheers in advance

Comments

• denniskwok
    denniskwok Posts: 339
    I'd sell the bits on here. That way there are no commission fees to pay. I've bought loads of stuff on here and everyone has been great so far.
  • carbongimp
    thanks for the reply its that I have so much the post would be to big lol
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    It may be hard getting a bulk buy on the forum, I can't say that I have seen any go well on here. I would recommend taking the separate parts and listing them each, as you will probably end up getting more for them that way anyways.
  • carbongimp
    yeh its probably the best way just didn't want to end up with bits left but I guess unless I sell cheaper and let buyer make by selling on maybe way to go ill get everything out and list them and do a few posts on the forum
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    What kind of stuff are we talking about here?!
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    If you make a little more money on the stuff that sells well then you can just bin the junk or sell it very cheap.

You'll always get more for parts, but its easier to sell a full bike.
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Got any rapha or Assos kit going cheap?
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • carbongimp
    no clothing all bike parts sorry
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    The suspense is killing me!
  • The suspense is killing me!

A Trek & a Cervelo
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • ascurrell
    ascurrell Posts: 1,739
    carbongimp wrote:
    hi im selling due to bad knees and work comitments is there anyone who sells bikes and parts on ebay for you or is it best to sell on forums.ive got thousands invested in bikes and bits wheels and cranks etc looking at getting rid in one go if I can hence the ebay seller
    cheers in advance

You have pm, Regards, alan