Trek - 3500 Disc VS Carerra Vulcan

LucianB
LucianB Posts: 2
edited May 2013 in MTB beginners
Hi guys

Just about to buy my first bike and I'm not sure what to get. I've heard the vulcan is really good but after reading stuff on this forum I'm not sure I want halfords to build my bike and thats the only place to get the vulcan. Instead I've been looking at the trek 3500 disk which is available at evans cycles who seem to be a proper outfit and know their stuff. My budget is £350 max so if any one else has a suggestion then it would be appreciated. Also I don't want to buy a bike online.

cheers.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Have you read the sticky in Buying Advice?
    You might want to post links - gets a response as few people memorise bike spec.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    Yes Halfords techs tend to suck but don't let that sway your decision.

And the answer is that the Vulcan is the better specced bike (They actually go really well, got my other half one & my brother in law bought one aswell)

But go into the shop & try them on for size before you commit though.
  • ga-rat
    ga-rat Posts: 29
    The Vulcan is a very good bike.

I would buy from Halfords and either check it over yourself or buy it boxed and you build it yourself. At the moment they have an offer on the more you spend the more you save kind of thing.
  • James Q
    James Q Posts: 201
    I've got the trek 3500 disc and it's a good bike. Not the lightest but its done me well over the last year. Ive just started up grading bits on it now.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The Vulcan is much better specced than the trek 3500.

Evans is no more a proper outfit than Halfords. Or less ;-)