Cycle routes around Bigbury On Sea (Devon)

Philly8mt
Philly8mt Posts: 552
edited May 2013 in Road general
Hi all

I'm off to Bigbury On Sea in a couple of months and have found my thoughts turning to taking my bike and heading out early in the morning before having to do family duties for the rest of the day.

At the moment I'm pretty new to this and have been cycling mostly around the Vale of Belvoir (20 miles and building).

Obviously I'll be looking to improve fitness and miles before I go .. But .. Can anyone suggest some decent routes or roads I should try please?

Thanks in advance :)
Still thinking of something clever to say!

Comments

• gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    You're spoilt for choice really, head out towards Dartmoor, could drive then ride (route 27) takes in some nice places or up towards ivybridge and Buckfastleigh. Get your hill legs on though!
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • Philly8mt
    gaddster wrote:
    You're spoilt for choice really, head out towards Dartmoor, could drive then ride (route 27) takes in some nice places or up towards ivybridge and Buckfastleigh. Get your hill legs on though!

Yes, I remember the hills! My grandparents (and other family) lived in Ivybridge. I spent a lot of my childhood holidays there. Will be nice to get back and visit the area again, lovely part of the world :)
  • pablo872
    pablo872 Posts: 80
    have a look at http://www.hammersport.co.uk website, they recently ran a sportive that passed close to Bigbury. There are some nice rides around the south hams including areas used for the tour of Britain i believe.

If you can get to Plymouth on a saturday a lbs does and informal ride every saturday from their cafe/shop @ 8.30am
  • Philly8mt
    pablo872 wrote:
    have a look at http://www.hammersport.co.uk website, they recently ran a sportive that passed close to Bigbury. There are some nice rides around the south hams including areas used for the tour of Britain i believe.

If you can get to Plymouth on a saturday a lbs does and informal ride every saturday from their cafe/shop @ 8.30am

That's great .. I'll have a nosey at that ... Cheers :)
  • pablo872
    pablo872 Posts: 80
    forgot to mention the lbs is rockets and rascals John Locke from team sky joined them on the last ride

65630_540404766003244_1284666523_n.jpg
  • word to the wise, dont go anywhere near that tidal road just up the river from bigbury...its haunted i tells ya!