HiCadence Posts: 40
    Sagan probably to win most of the stages :P
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Such an awful, boring race.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Havent looked at the route but i assume its 5 sprints and a climb

Fancy Deignan to do something. He won a stage race in Mexico last week hope thats a sign of good form
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Havent looked at the route but i assume its 5 sprints and a climb
    Two stages with climbs and a TT with a climb - the rest sprinters stages although one will be with a reduced bunch.

I quite like this race but it has two problems - the big names are basically on holiday and the roads are too wide.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    RichN95 wrote:
    I quite like this race but it has two problems - the big names are basically on holiday and the roads are too wide.
    So a walk in the park for Tejay Van Garderen and lots of stages for Cannondale, I would think.
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    RichN95 wrote:

California has outstanding scenery, but all the roads can fit huge Winnibagos, so no twisty roads or killer granients. Also, I think the National Parks are forbidden from commercial activities (like pro bike racing), so having Half Dome as a backdrop isn't an option.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Bet Wiggins is starting to wish Sky (and he) were riding this, rather than the Giro.

Route looks ok actually, TJVG should walk off with it. Would be good to see Schleck at least in the mix.
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Richmond Racer
    Richmond Racer Posts: 8,561
    Bet Wiggins is starting to wish Sky (and he) were riding this, rather than the Giro.

Route looks ok actually, TJVG should walk off with it. Would be good to see Schleck at least in the mix.

Guaranteed sunny days and dry roads? Yeah, I'm sure Wiggins at least wishes he was riding Cali instead of Rainy Descent Land.

If Tejay doesnt win this BMC should sell him to the Carrots.
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 18,793
    the race is growing on me as it evolves
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    What's not to like? What else are you doing from 10pm at night?
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    A shame, but it looks like the wonderful tour tracker has no live video, until tv starts up, this year.
    Well, at least not this evening.
    It's going to be slow, though, with the reported temperature of 39C (101F)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    I like the mountain stage, the road might be a bit wide but it's a serious climb by any definition. The other stages are a bit meh though and the time trial has been a farce in the past.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wonder how long Schleck can hold out for?

Loving the American football style motorbike rider, "It's goooood!"

Football_Referee.jpeg
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,711
    Eurosport is live. 68kms to go.

For those without Eurosport:

http://tourtracker.amgentourofcalifornia.com/

With Phil and Paul. :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • magliaceleste
    magliaceleste Posts: 748
    Don't care. Thankfully it's a different timezone so doesn't clash with anything worth watching.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    download the app, its pretty good. keeps you very much unto date and even gives you gradients they are doing
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    I like the way that the official site has Strava segments of parts of the route :D
  • jerry3571
    jerry3571 Posts: 1,532
    Has this race been delayed by snow in the past?? I've been looking at nearby weather stations there and most are saying 35-40c. Bonkers hot!!
    Shreck up there and I think Mancebo is gunning for his old form. Stupid Americans on the road though. :?

Wiggins would love these roads; dry, wide with almost no bends. Too hot for him though. ;)
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving”- Albert Einstein

"You can't ride the Tour de France on mineral water."
    -Jacques Anquetil
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    It has, which is why they are riding pretty much from South to North this year. Might avoid snow issues, we'll see later on. Downside is the heat for the european riders during the first few days as they acclimatise.