KCNC Components

woodyonthebeach
woodyonthebeach Posts: 583
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi All,

I was wondering if you could help. I have found some KCNC brakes for my Trek. The Old Shimano's are getting a little tired and a full rebuild of the callipers and levers is not economical anymore.

I have found these on the ebay (the devils hideout)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KCNC-X7-Mount ... vi-content

Has anybody used any KCNC components before or have bought them from a UK store I would love to hear what you have to say about them quality and that jazz

Cheers

Oli
The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    KCNC make good stuff, but why when you can get XT at half the price locally with a full warranty.
    I also prefer rotors that are more metal than air.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Thanks for the quick reply cooldad

This is being lazy I know, but do you have some links for the XT brakes and do they come as set
    The doctor said I needed to start drinking more whiskey. Also, I’m calling myself ‘the doctor’ now
  • cooldad
    Google is your friend. Seriously.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    odd choice. Massively expensive unproven brakes - for that price you could buy virtually any set of brakes. Why those?
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • @cooldad - mind made up, even got wife's approval. going for some formula R1's

@benpinnick - well I was looking for something lightweight and looks different from the usual. However like you you mentioned they are unproven and a little expensive. I did a search for reviews on them but nothing particularly helpful or really informative, basically no bike radar reviews.
  • cooldad
    Again nothing wrong with Formula, but still more expensive than new XT's which are arguably better.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • This is true. Basically I want the whole ease of installing and all that. I have found some XT's now and just checking out the weight now so cooldad you may have converted me round to your way of thinking
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    The KCNC are expensive because one XT weighs the same as a pair of them.

If you want a light, affordable and good performing brake, check out the Magura MT4. Or these:

http://dx.com/p/hygiy-aluminum-alloy-mo ... rear-67028

I use them on my Zaskar Carbon, very good for the money.