The guide what mountian bike

64cousins
64cousins Posts: 26
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
When buying new kit I usually just look in the back of what mountain bike and pick either the test winner or the one I can afford from The Guide top 5 lists.. It served me pretty well to be honest.. Lights, shorts,helmet, bikes..
Does every one do this or is it just me?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's just you.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • 64cousins
    Guess so..
    Y'all should try it my way.. What's the alternative?
    Actually do the work yourself?
  • 64cousins
    Don't you trust them?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Do the research and pick what suites you, for your usage and your wants and needs....

Also what's available used......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    64cousins wrote:
    Don't you trust them?
    there bikes need updating more, though they have gotten better recently, but when they still have bikes like this included in there results http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... o-12-41687 you try and buy one :wink:
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    64cousins wrote:
    When buying new kit I usually just look in the back of what mountain bike and pick either the test winner or the one I can afford from The Guide top 5 lists.. It served me pretty well to be honest.. Lights, shorts,helmet, bikes..

You are probably paying more than you need to as they tend to focus on mid to high end gear in my experience. If you have the disposable income then it's probably not something you need to care about too much.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • 64cousins
    64cousins wrote:

You are probably paying more than you need to as they tend to focus on mid to high end gear in my experience. If you have the disposable income then it's probably not something you need to care about too much.

I think your right, my mother in law bought me a cycling top from Aldi last week and its really good..