Don't be a tw*t, like me

fatsmoker
fatsmoker Posts: 585
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Got a 50 quid amazon voucher as a gift for a bit of work. In my excitement I used it as part payment on some Shimano shoes. Of course, when they arrived this morning they were too tight (fat feet). £8 to return by 2nd class post. The refund will also be less postage.
Should've tried a pair in the LBS first.

Comments

• roadiemk
    roadiemk Posts: 19
    I'm not sure if I read your post right, but,
    Under the distance selling regs, the refund should include the initial delivery cost as this formed part of the original contract between you and the retailer.

The delivery costs you have incurred on returning the goods will be dependent upon the T&C's of the contract.

Shimano shoes are usually one size smaller than a conventional. I noticed this when trying on some in Evans Cycles last year.
    I have quite wide feet, made worse by bunions (spelling) and find most clipless shoes uncomfortable over long distances. I must be the only one left on toe straps.
  • duckson
    duckson Posts: 961
    £8 via Royal Mail? There is far cheaper options eg myhermes.co.uk or collectplus.co.uk
    Cheers, Stu
  • Kingsmill1
    Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
    shimano shoes seems to always come up small mine at two size up from my normal shoe size, however i only found out by trial and error.
    Giant TCR Comp 2
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • ooermissus
    ooermissus Posts: 811
    Last time I did an Amazon return I simply had to drop it into one of their collection centres (a newsagent in the small town where I live). No charge.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    You can buy wide versions of most of Shimano's shoes, they always have a W atthe end of the productcode
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    If you're going to use your LBS to try on the shoes for size - do the decent thing and buy them from there.
    Trying on and then buying online would make you a tw@t.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    +1 :roll:
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    cougie wrote:
    If you're going to use your LBS to try on the shoes for size - do the decent thing and buy them from there.

Wot he sed.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • aye its all very well saving a few pounds on line but keep doing that and there wont be an lbs to sort your botched front mech installation, or that pesky chainset removal....
    internet shopping is like drugs, great short term, disaster long term
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    cougie wrote:
    Yup. If you need to use a shop to test fit then you should buy it there. Shops aren't free fitting rooms for internet businesses.