Are bibs like bikes?

KevChallis
KevChallis Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
In the way that it is best to go to the shop and try a few for size?

Just the closest shop to me with anything else apart from endure fs260 is 50 miles away
Kev
PlanetX Pro Carbon
Voodoo Bizango

Comments

• supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    Buy online, try on, if it fits keep it, if not send back for bigger/smaller size.
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    The dhb kit from wiggle comes with fairly comprehensive measurements, not gone wrong yet.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I would either get the DHB from wiggle or something from Wiggle or CRC that has a big price reduction.
    You can send back for free if you do not like and in my experience you get what you pay for so its worth going for either higher range DHB or very expensive ones from other brands at 50-75% off.

Going to a shop will not really help too much if its 50 miles away. You will just feel that you have to buy something and it might be a budget or mid range pair at full price + loads of fuel.

It is a bit like a bike in that you will get a better idea of what you want after buying your first one.
    If you buy a cheap first pair and then buy a better pair later, the first pair may not get used much.

The Endura ones are pretty good IMO if you can get locally.
    You could be out in them tomorrow ;-)
  • KevChallis
    Carbonator wrote:
    I would either get the DHB from wiggle or something from Wiggle or CRC that has a big price reduction.
    You can send back for free if you do not like and in my experience you get what you pay for so its worth going for either higher range DHB or very expensive ones from other brands at 50-75% off.

Going to a shop will not really help too much if its 50 miles away. You will just feel that you have to buy something and it might be a budget or mid range pair at full price + loads of fuel.

It is a bit like a bike in that you will get a better idea of what you want after buying your first one.
    If you buy a cheap first pair and then buy a better pair later, the first pair may not get used much.

The Endura ones are pretty good IMO if you can get locally.
    You could be out in them tomorrow ;-)

This is the thing, I can get these locally, today, or wait until tuesday to get DHB/others off internet.

I dont fancy attempting my first 30-40mile ride without a pair, and fancied doing it early doors tomorrow, before the Lincoln Cycle Grand Prix hits the streets haha, don't fancy getting caught up in that!! :D:D
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Go to 'local' bike shop then, something to do, you can look at other shiny things and get what you need for tomorrow.. and maybe some other bits ;) win win!
  • KevChallis
    Boooooo!!!! I went, they only have medium and large in stock :(
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Anonymous
    Guess they made the decision for you then :roll:
    Order today online.

What size are you? small or XL?
    Remember that Italian brands come up small. I find I have to go up a size in bib shorts anyway so often can go two sizes up in some brands of bib shorts.

If you are XL that will mean you could try XXL or XXXL which are often the last left in sales.
    Dont rush it if they are not a good fit though, just send back.
    They should feel v snug but not super tight.
  • KevChallis
    I am a small, 5ft8, 31inch waist, 10 1/2 stone short arse lol, I am going for a ride in the morning anyway, may just get ass ache after 30 miles haha
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Anonymous
    Well at least you will know how well your seat fits you ;-)
  • KevChallis
    Carbonator wrote:
    Well at least you will know how well your seat fits you ;-)

Haha, ne to work out how to change the anglebon a single screw seat post
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    For future rather than today, Prendas sell a selection and give good sizing guidelines as well as taking your measurements to ensure it all matches. All worked out for me so far (touch wood)
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • canny_lad
    canny_lad Posts: 329
    My local Halfords have Gore, Altura & Adidas bibs in, dearest are Adidas @ £65.