Whats your view on this bike?

sigorman85
sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
I recently had a itailan road bike and was a decent bit of kit but i decided to go back to xc
I have been looking at the 29ers i havent herd of these befor whats your view on them ie spec and can they handle it
As i dont want to get one and things start failing on me
http://www.rossettibike.com/

null_zpsa79e95a7.png
When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why on earth would you want to buy a bike from America with an Italian name, no address, a one year 'warranty' and no real info?
    Are you on drugs?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    And called Agatha?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sigorman85
    sigorman85 Posts: 2,536
    Thats why i asked what do you think about this
    When i die I just hope the wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it other wise someone will be getting a mega deal!!!

De rosa superking 888 di2
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    add a shed load of import tax and vat and you can get a better spec bike in the UK.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • cooldad
    Without having to send it back to America when it breaks.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    sigorman85 wrote:
    Thats why i asked what do you think about this
    The bike, or the unthought out half baked idea of buying a bike from America?

Pretty irrelevant what the bike is like when buying it is just dumb!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    SRAM x4, RST fork, the rest of it is pretty crap unless you pay a fortune for upgrades, no quote for shipping.

Yes, it's a really bad idea. If you want a cheap 29er go to decathlon or halfords.
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • unquestioned
    unquestioned Posts: 172
    What's geommetry...
  • paulski1966
    paulski1966 Posts: 98
    The Voodoo Bizango is due to be launched soon - just had an amazing write up in mbr, costs £599 and whatever you think of their customer service you are never far from a Halfords. The spec trounces all over the Rossetti bike and by the time you add import tax VAT and delivery the price will be virtually the same, possibly even cheaper.

They're also launching the Voodoo Aizan at £449, the same as the list price on that Rosetti.