Hoodoo owners

houston26
houston26 Posts: 115
edited June 2013 in MTB general
Anyone with a voodoo hoodoo, do you have any bother with the front skewer working its way loose? Mines come loose twice on a 50 mile ride and once on a quick 10 mile, done up tight and I even wondered if it was twisting loose so put the lever against the forks and it still came loose

Getting nervous to use the bike for any off road, can tell when it's going cos braking pulls the wheel over to the left, could this be causing it? I've took it all to bits and cleaned and applied plenty of copper slip. Dunno what else I can do?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Never had a QR come loose. But if you are having problems it probably has more to do with the type of skewer, or how you are doing it up. The make of bike has nothing to do with it, as the front wheel is attached to the forks.
    So what is it, or just get a Shimano one.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • houston26
    Just the one that came with the bike, voodoo branded.

I've took the shimano one off my road bike to test that one, hopefully it will solve it.

Never had anything like this before so was just hoping someone else had an idea
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Just a cheap skewer not done up tight, external cam need to be much 'tighter' than an internal cam like Shimano.

Voodoo use Formula hubs, so probably a Formula skewer like most Carrera's and probably millions of bikes worldwide!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • houston26
    Sorted. As it was the way it came from the shop I assumed that the washer on the skewer that had been fitted was meant to be there, I was just telling a friend and when he saw he nearly hit the roof.

Did think it was odd. Another Halfords fuck up.
  • Woodmonkey
    Woodmonkey Posts: 412
    They do come loose, I've had front and back come loose at different times. They were done up plenty tight. Worth spending a few quid upgrading
    pity those who don't drink, the way they feel when they wake is the best they will feel all day

voodoo hoodoo
  • IT66T
    IT66T Posts: 377
    houston26 wrote:
    Sorted. As it was the way it came from the shop I assumed that the washer on the skewer that had been fitted was meant to be there, I was just telling a friend and when he saw he nearly hit the roof.

Did think it was odd. Another Halfords fark up.

Any one can make a mistake but that type shouldn't be happening at any bike shop as that just means the bike can't have been checked over properly before being dispatched :x ..
    You must treat others with respect in order to be respected ..
    09 5.2 Rockrider budget rescue . viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=13033836&p=19671152#p19670604
  • houston26
    400 miles put on the bike and its still got its wheels attached. Sorted I say!