LLS is back racing soon

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited May 2013 in Pro race
In the Tour of Belgium.

Too many riders get removed from the sport where they earn their living to be later put back in.

LLS_zpsc3a1c937.jpg

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/luis-le ... of-belgium
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    With the Leinders controversy doing the rounds at the time the team probably did the right thing - were clearly waiting to see if his blood-bag would surface from the Fuentes case, it hasn't so let him race again.
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Sounds like Blanco had no choice but to let him race, so entered him for a race that not even anybody in Belgium cares about.

He's a good rider to watch, but can see why Blanco are nervous with their precarious sponsorship position. I wonder if he'll make the Tour squad?
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    So is he a skanky doper or not?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    I wonder if he'll make the Tour squad?

Depends if Giant want a stage win.

Could do with one more photo of him saluting to the sky (his brother who dies in a quad bike accident) in Blanco kit.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,314
    So is he a skanky doper or not?

Yes to the charge of doping, is my mis-educated guess.
    As to the "skanky" bit, like a lot of his ilk, they tend to wear quite natty clothes, what with their contracts/winnings & whatnot...
    Although LLS does that horrible knee-length shorts thing - think the commissaries should have power to make riders race in pants and vest if they insist on wearing those. Wiggins, too
  • frenchfighter
    lulu.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    FAIL on the glasses.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    Yep. Everything else is great. Including the legs.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    FAIL on the glasses.

What's wrong with the glasses? If anything, it's a fail on the waterbottles. They don't seem to be the right shade of blue.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Glasses have red ear socks (I think they are called), out to be blue... :wink:
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    dish_dash wrote:
    Glasses have red ear socks (I think they are called), out to be blue... :wink:

But against the red font of the Bell logo it looks fine.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Yeah, the ear socks are to match the positive red lens. OK, doesn't match the rest of the blue/black/white kit, but then I like a pair of contrasting sunnies.
  • tailwindhome
    Yeah, the ear socks are to match the positive red lens. OK, doesn't match the rest of the blue/black/white kit, but then I like a pair of contrasting sunnies.

FAIL by me then. I just assumed they were Rabo kit.
  • frenchfighter
    Back racing. Back winning. Pure racer. Love it.

CORVOS_00021416-060.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest