On-One Smorgasbord - Which compounds on which wheel?

DanDax1990
DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Needing a bit of advice as to which compound (And wire bead or folding) would work best on which wheel?

Not got much of a clue as to which is which and which makes difference on which wheel and a lot more whichyness hah.

Cheers.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Always folding.
    And the compounds are?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    But if you have to have different compunds, grippier on the front.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • DanDax1990
    Ut oh, My bad.

Here are the three options.

On-One Smorgasbord 26"x2.25" Tyre Type : Enduro Colour : Black Compound : Single 60a Bead : Folding Bead

On-One Smorgasbord 26"x2.25" Tyre Type : Trail Colour : Black Compound : Single 60a Bead : Wire Bead

On-One Smorgasbord 26"x2.25" Tyre Type : Trail Extreme Colour : Black Compound : Dual 60/42a Bead : Folding Bead
  • DanDax1990
    I'm guessing the Dual 60/42a compound is the grippier?
  • paulneenan76
    paulneenan76 Posts: 777
    The dual compound is the grippier - put this on the front. The foldable bead single compound is better wearing so is fine for the rear (though at that price I'd rather have the dual on the rear aswell and have the grip over faster rolling better wearing), and the wire bead is the OE tyre and isn't needed.

Also worth having a chunky monkey on the front if your frame can take a 2.4 tyre? They are equally bargainous currently.
    Family, Friends, Fantastic trails - what else is there

viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12898838
    viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12897374
  • DanDax1990
    Yep I can fit 2.4 Rubber Queens which are massive tyres lol.

May go for the Dual compounds front and rear and a Chunky Monkey for the wet weather?
  • Mccraque
    Mccraque Posts: 819
    They'll be equal compound through the centre tread - the harder 60a. Therefore rolling resistance will be the same for both tyres.

As mentioned though, the softer compound will comprise the shoulder lugs - giving more grip. so stick that on the front.