I think I'm in love......

KevChallis
KevChallis Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Well, isn't cycling addictive!!! My shoes arrived today and I was like a big kid, pedals changed straight away, cleats installed, a couple of goes round the block clipping in and out and off I went.

I loved it!! Left shoe needs a bit of adjustment, right felt pretty good, I only did 18 miles but felt I could have carried on, a bit on the windy side, but averaged 16.6mph, now I know some people say don't worry about average, but if I keep holding that and it keeps getting better I will be happy!! Can't wait for less wind to see what I can do then!!

Apart from that, seat moved further back which felt better, but lower back pain after 14 miles, so may flip the stem over and see if the helps

Love it :D
Kev
PlanetX Pro Carbon
Voodoo Bizango

Comments

• Lycra-Byka
    Lycra-Byka Posts: 292
    Good to see your enjoying the riding.

I found discomfort at first with my road bike, but I told myself to leave everything as it was (apart from seat hight and minimal rail adjustment) for 300miles total.
    Then mess around with angles ect.
    You should get used to the position over a short time.
  • KevChallis
    Nt a bad idea, thanks.

A fellow Lincoln rider :)
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • ForumNewbie
    ForumNewbie Posts: 1,664
    KevChallis wrote:
    Well, isn't cycling addictive!!! My shoes arrived today and I was like a big kid, pedals changed straight away, cleats installed, a couple of goes round the block clipping in and out and off I went.

I loved it!! Left shoe needs a bit of adjustment, right felt pretty good, I only did 18 miles but felt I could have carried on, a bit on the windy side, but averaged 16.6mph, now I know some people say don't worry about average, but if I keep holding that and it keeps getting better I will be happy!! Can't wait for less wind to see what I can do then!!

Apart from that, seat moved further back which felt better, but lower back pain after 14 miles, so may flip the stem over and see if the helps

Love it :D
    Well done KevChallis on getting up to 18 miles, but as advised in the other thread, don't worry about averages just yet. If you do 40 miles and only average, say 14 mph, don't be disappointed, that's still a very good start.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Wait till you have scars on your legs from forgetting to unclip :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • KevChallis
    redvee wrote:
    Wait till you have scars on your legs from forgetting to unclip :lol:

Waiting for it to happen already haha
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango