Cashout ot use Wheelies

64cousins
64cousins Posts: 26
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Hi
MY bike was stolen and my insurance company have offered me £1466 to replace my bike (Canyon nerve XC7 2012)
However, the replacement company Wheelies have told me if i replace my bike with one from their stock i can spend £2078 which is a bit confussing
They dont supply Canyons but they do supply Giant, specialized and a few others, before wheelies called me i was going to take the money and bump myself up to a new Canyon Nerve al 29er 8.9 or 7.9.. but then they offered me
2 LARGE! I immedeately thought Anthem x 29er1,,,,SOLD OUT! Great.

So what to do now.. Please have a look at there site and tell me if you can see anything on there i should be considering, are wheelies any good?

http://www.bikereplacement.co.uk/

i ride at cannock chase mainly and will soon be venturing out to wales hopefully..
im open to any suggestions.

Comments

• 64cousins
    Just found my first post... i didnt think it had worked so ive posted this twice now sorry...
  • Kona Hei, Hei

Scott Genius

Saracen Ariel

or Meridia 140 :D
  • soslow
    soslow Posts: 46
    cant help with choice of bike but have had an insurance replacement via wheelies and it arrived spot on, all set up correctly and has been no trouble since.
  • 64cousins
    thanks, what about a trance x1 or one of there 29ers
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    assuming you want something similar to the Nerve XC? ie something that goes up and down hill with equal ability?

From the choice on Wheelies website I'd go for one of the Giant's either Anthem or Trance in 26 or 29 flavour which ever suits you best.

The Anthem has shorter travel and is lighter while the Trance has more travel and is the most similar to your old bike. Both should handle trail centre type stuff no problem.

Giant have a demo fleet of bikes see if you can demo a few to see which one is right for you.