Another Garmin 800 question

Robert72
Robert72 Posts: 84
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
I've had it for a couple of months and starting to get the hang of it......... but how do I manage to get the Average Speed to show on the screen, the field is there on the second scroll page but nothing ever shows up. When I upload to Garmin it's there. Very strange. If this has been asked before, sorry but I couldn't find it in a search.

Comments

• From Menu - press the spanner - then bike settings - then training pages - then timer pages - then user defined - select page 1 (or any page you wish to activate) click the tick - now select where you want the average speed to appear on your page by touching the screen - scroll down to speed and select speed - avg. you can play about on the pages adding or taking away as much info as you like.

hope that's of help
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Sounds a bit odd, are you sure it is ave speed in the field and not ave something else..
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • Robert72
    thanks peddlingmadness thats it working. Why don't they tell it like that in the pdf ?
  • handful
    handful Posts: 920
    There is another easy way to change what each cell field displays. Just go to the screen where you want to display the data, hold your finger on the field you want to remove for 2 or 3 seconds and then let go and it brings up all the different categories of data available, select which one you want to display and job done. I always do it this way and only go through the settings if I want to change the number of screens to display or the number of fields in any of the screens.

I hope this makes sense, it's a bit tricky to explain!
    Vaaru Titanium Sram Red eTap
    Moda Chord with drop bars and Rival shifters - winter/do it all bike
    Orbea Rise
  • Robert72
    makes perfect sence, thanks