Creaking Headset!!!

lbalony
lbalony Posts: 301
edited May 2013 in MTB general
Just come back from a quick 20km and my headset is creaking. Or so I think. At first I thought it was my cables tapping but quickly realised its coming from the steerer tube.

The bike is 8 weeks old. Its done 100km according to Strava. I am a little bemused as I have never had any headset or suspected headset noise/creaking from any of my bikes.

I bought it from evans. Are they good when something fails or are they of the mentality to dodge all liability.

What should I do and whats likely to happen? A bit annoyed as it cost me 2500.00.

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Surely you get a service for free?

After all you almost certainly paid over the odds.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Have you been round the bike and checked all the nuts, bolts etc. You should be checking everything regularly, some things every ride.
    Headsets settle initially, so have a look.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • lbalony
    Surely you get a service for free?

After all you almost certainly paid over the odds.

Yeah you do but its only a basic one im more than capable doing myself.

Didnt pay over the odds though as they are the only uk supplier of Norco's. looking at similar spec, Canyons aside it was a very very good buy!h
  • lbalony
    cooldad wrote:
    Have you been round the bike and checked all the nuts, bolts etc. You should be checking everything regularly, some things every ride.
    Headsets settle initially, so have a look.

Yeah I check everything before everyride. All stuff I didnt check like cables rattling etc I checked while out pn the rides. The only thing it could be is the forks themselves but what would creak loudly on the forks do you reckon? It was fine until tonight.