Bibshort

Lifeboy123
Lifeboy123 Posts: 213
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
I have just purchased a new pair of Assos shorts, covered a 70mile ride and when plcing them in the wash noticed the lycra has bobbled from the inside of my leg presumably rubbing on the saddle. It is more predominant of the left leg but the right is also showing wear outside the rubber padded area.

At this rate they will prob only last half a dozen rides :(

Is this due to my pedalling technique or just the norm with cycling shorts?

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My Charge Spoon saddle has some oddly placed stitching that eats shorts. My lovely Brooks is smooth and doesn't. Any sharp or abrasive things around your seating zone? I have read tales of stray velcro straps from seat packs doing serious damage to lycra.
  • rrsodl
    rrsodl Posts: 486
    keef66 wrote:
    My Charge Spoon saddle has some oddly placed stitching that eats shorts. My lovely Brooks is smooth and doesn't. Any sharp or abrasive things around your seating zone? I have read tales of stray velcro straps from seat packs doing serious damage to lycra.

Unfortunately, that happened to me - I noticed it after a couple or rides. The mark was there but the shorts lasted a while. Very annoying experience :evil:
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    I've found 'roubaix' material can bobble a bit but not lycra. Even when it's bobbled, it still lasts fine.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Think I have bobbly patches on both my roubaix tights and my thinner bibshorts. I'll have a look tonight.
  • Sprool
    Sprool Posts: 1,022
    Man up with your girly bobbling talk! It shows you've been out riding, be proud of it!