Madison Flux v Superstar Peak saddles

thelonegroover
thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
I used to have a Brooks B17 special on a bike that was stolen; this saddle was very comfortable but was a bit of a pain to keep dry in wet weather. I now have a Madison Flux on my current bike. I know this saddle gets a good review from WMB but this saddle just doesn’t seem to suit me. I don’t want to spend more than about £40, I was looking at the Superstar Peak, which has a leather top but I’m not sure if this will be more suited to me. Hoping someone has direct comparison of the Madison Flux and Superstar Peak.
Planet X Kaffenback 2
Giant Trance X2
Genesis High Latitude 2x10
Planet X n2a
Genesis Core 20

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Without pictures of your butt it's hard to say. Post in crudcatcher please though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • thelonegroover
    thelonegroover Posts: 1,073
    I appreciate it’s not easy to say. Unfortunately, I don’t have any pictures of my derriere, (not that I know about anyway).
    I’m looking for something a bit softer and slightly wider than the Madison Flux. Looking at pictures of the Superstar Peak it seemed to suit. And the price is good.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • jairaj
    jairaj Posts: 3,009
    try emailing Superstar and asking for some measurements. they may take a few days to reply but have been helpful to me in the past.