New Forks? Which Pair!

plumb71
plumb71 Posts: 33
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
after posting last week on which forks to upgrade my rockrider 6.3 for mainly trails and a bit of jumping been narrowed down to two, Reba RL or Revalation RL, i cant really see much difference between the two, which do you think are the best? my bike currently has 120mm travel.
Cheers

Comments

• sharky1029
    sharky1029 Posts: 188
    The Reba is the shorter travel version (100-130mm) whereas the revelation is 130-150 so assuming you want to keep the same amount of travel the reba would be the best choice.
  • oxocube1
    oxocube1 Posts: 651
    The Revs are usually a better fork and will be more 'hard hitting' but will weight a little more. The Rebas are really decent forks and low weight for the high performance. I don't believe Revs are available in 120mm, it's usually 130/140/150mm. Rebas will probably be your best bet as they are certainly available in 120mm and will be cheaper is most cases. Having previously owned a pair of Dual Air Reba RL i would highly recommend them.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd go for a Rev (RL or RLT). But 130mm. The bike can take that, and they can be spaced down to 120mm anyway.
  • PashleyRider
    PashleyRider Posts: 180
    I have Reba Teams on mine (80-120mm), but with the steep HA of the 6.3 I feel that some 130mm-140mm forks would feel tons better. I wouldn't run Rebas for jumping personally, not really buit for it and nor is the frame! Haven't done anymore than a 6ft drop on my 6.3, it's not really built for that stuff