Sore back side. Saddle or shorts?

shamrock134
shamrock134 Posts: 714
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Did my first ever 100+ mile ride today (http://connect.garmin.com/activity/308738682) and my rear end suffered! Not the most inspiring route I know, but I was playing it safe in case I couldn't do it!

I was using Gore Xenon 2.0 bibs with udderly chamois cream and have a Fizik Antares saddle. There was no chafing at all but I just felt sore from the pressure of being on the saddle all day. Is it likely my saddle is the issue or should I maybe look to Assos bibs? I thought the Gore Xenons would be more comfy considering their hefty price tag.

Comments

• Peddle Up!
    Peddle Up! Posts: 2,040
    The answer is "100+" I fear.
    Purveyor of "up" :)
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    well done on the 100 +,cracking ride.As far as your question goes,it,s hard to say but from what you said I would lean towards staying as you are and seeing how it goes,as all that time in the saddle is bound to be a bit sore.
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • zx6man
    zx6man Posts: 1,092
    Peddle Up! wrote:
    The answer is "100+" I fear.

Yeah, I would second that
  • shamrock134
    shamrock134 Posts: 714
    Cheers guys. The soreness sort of kicked in around 60mi but I broke up the pain by taking short 5 min breaks every 10mi and raising off the saddle and clenching buttocks (sorry if TMI!) at every opportunity.:D

The Antares does look pretty uncomfortable but it's been fine up to now on sub-60 mile rides.