Radio 4

inseine
inseine Posts: 5,788
edited May 2013 in Pro race
Just when you think that the mainestream press are strating to get it (a bit), a report this morning on radio 4 stated that (something onlong the lines of) 'David Brailsford has stated his continued support of Brad despite Puccio taking the leaders jersey yesterday after the TTT'. They also said that after stage 1 that Brad was well placed at 18 secs behind the winner............
They really need a programme to demistify cycling ot the general listener.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,661
    Try bespoke, looks like they re doing a short daily podcast too
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • majormantra
    majormantra Posts: 2,094
    To make matters worse, Pip's turned into a right horror in the Archers.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    Along these lines, @ukcyclingexpert is good value for a follow on "teh twitter" - recently appeared, and excellent parody of the mainstream reporting of the giro :)
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I'm sure brad won't mind leading puccio up to the hilltop finishes... He might even do some more advanced bike parking for us...
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    chrisday wrote:
    Along these lines, @ukcyclingexpert is good value for a follow on "teh twitter" - recently appeared, and excellent parody of the mainstream reporting of the giro :)

Has 'Tweeter Sagan' returned in a different guise?
    Correlation is not causation.
  • chrisday
    chrisday Posts: 300
    chrisday wrote:

LOL - dunno, but is as funny! Was retweeted yesterday by Richard Moore, so I have my suspicions it's a british cycling journo letting off a bit of frustration :)
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • above_the_cows
    chrisday wrote:
    LOL - dunno, but is as funny! Was retweeted yesterday by Richard Moore, so I have my suspicions it's a british cycling journo letting off a bit of frustration :)

This "Team Sky should keep an eye on Alex Dowsett. Young Brit guy on the US Movie Star squad. Could deffo do a job for Sky in the future #Giro" is very funny! :lol:
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    chrisday wrote:

Where's the transparency? Why do our fearless crusaders cower behind noms de guerre? This "sport" desperately needs a hard-hitting You and Yours drains-up, followed by a Woman's Hour phone-in.

@ukcyclingexpert: Insightful, embedded, insider's perspective. Obviously nobody on here.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    @ukcyclingexpert..........got to be Alan Partridge.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Tusher wrote:
    "On that bombshell"

Well it's definitely NOT Gary Richardson - "Giro de Italia" <- Professional broadcaster & Cliff Richard groupie.
    Off for a gnash in the sinshine.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • Coriander
    Coriander Posts: 1,326
    I reckon it's our very own Iain and that he's now doing the UCI_Overlord thing of running two accounts interacting with each other. :wink: :shock:
  • above_the_cows
    Tusher wrote:

Well if @ukcyclingexpert mentions a 'Susan' we will know for sure.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I loved his one about Dowsett riding in "Movie star's" away kit
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,174
    Just discovered him, makes Twitter far me fun. I liked this one

@ukcyclingexpert: Cycling teams tend to be patient with managers. France des Jeux have stuck with Marc Madiot since 1997 - and they've never won anything!