A little further today

Fil6914
Fil6914 Posts: 74
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Well out this morning for a ride down through Cowpen Bewley towards port Clarence , I was safe cos all the dodgy characters were still in bed lol, on through Port then turned left past the new Saltholme RSPB place, I hadn't decided which way the wind was blowing as yet cos no matter which way I turned it was against me. On up to the seal sands roundabout and over towards Seaton passing the seals lolling about ion the estuary. Through the little town and left onto seaton lane a mile further on then onto Brenda road heading back towards the sea. Joining the main road at the power station still no let up from the wind , a long slow drag back to the roundabout turning right onto the seal sands road now the wind was defiantly full in the face. Managing to keep the pace going up and over the bank and back into Billingham and home. a good 18.5 miles in 71 mins average 15.4 was very pleasing. Then out to play golf which didn't turn out so good as the bloody wind started gusting even stronger than earlier in the day . Wore my new DHB bib shorts for the first time today fitted well but still had to stand up and give my bum a rest 3-4 times, I'm sure I will get use to the saddle eventually lol

Phil
Road - Giant Defy 0
Road - carrera virtuoso
MTB - Kona cindercone MTB 1997

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Good account... Well done
  • SoTyred
    SoTyred Posts: 4
    Just stick with it and you WILL get there. I am now regularly riding 60 miles at an outing but this was from my blog a few years back when I restarted cycling - the total outing was 18 miles:

My sit bones are in agony and I had to half ride, half stand for the last 5 miles
  • elderone
    elderone Posts: 1,410
    Well done phil,good effort and keep chugging away...
    Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori
  • TommyB61
    TommyB61 Posts: 103
    Well done, Phil..a good read.
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Sounds like a nice ride Phil, well done :)
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • gubber12345
    gubber12345 Posts: 493
    nice ride Phil,well done.sounds like your near the coast with the seals so i expect ur always gonna be in the wind.keep at it bud and a good avg as well. :wink:
    Lapierre Aircode 300
    Merida