Cycling on British Eurosport

zardoz
zardoz Posts: 251
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
Does anyone know how to get British Eurosport on Android devices in the UK?
When I try to load the App on my Asus Transformer it tells me that I cannot load it in my country!

I can get it ok on the PC but would prefer to watch from the tablet so I can hook it up to the TV

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    did you subscribe to it for android?

according to the eurosport faq, you can't use your pc/mac subscription, you have to pay again on android (same applies to ios)

you also need to be running andriod 3.2 or later

try the faq, might help...

http://www.eurosportplayer.co.uk/faq-ap ... iles.shtml
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Yes you can now - on both Pc and phone app... they have relented due to some serious moaning by customers.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,021
    in that case, i can moan about them not updating the faq!

:)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    Good luck getting it to work..i've got a subscription which allegedly allows me to watch it on any of my devices but it doesn't work over wifi on android. Check out the reviews on google play for the numerous amount of people having the same issue, they really should pull the app as it's not fit for purpose.

Support requests just go unanswered too.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • bushu
    bushu Posts: 711
    club cycle overran, are there any highlights on later? :?
  • zardoz
    zardoz Posts: 251
    Well I got a reply from Eurosport which basically says they had problems with the Android player and have withdrawn it from Google Play for UK "customers". Shame they don't say this on their website as it is clearly misleading. They are working on a new player but can't say when it will be available.
  • dynamicbrick
    dynamicbrick Posts: 460
    Eurosport customer 'service' is located in France. They refunded me, eventually, when the thing refused to work on my laptop.

The iPad app is okay, although I do wish they'd make the supreme effort to include region timings on the thing. I'm always sitting down an hour early because all times are CET (despite it being British Eurosport, go figure)
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    It's very strange, since they pulled it from the play store it's started working again for me. Genuinely nothing changed on the tablet, nexus 7.
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"