Going to the pub on your own.

2»

Comments

• seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    daviesee wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    My local is pretty friendly. I often pop in for a quick drink with the colourful regulars. The owner of the bar, Tam Malone, is a retired football player; Dr. Brasier - the "resident psychiatrist" who frequents the bar and could often use a little analysis himself; Norman - a semi-professional beer drinker and Clifford - a thirtysomething mailman who still lives with his mother. To get away from their "hum-drum" lives, they all come to the bar where "Everybody Knows who you are".
    It's a long walk from your local to home.
    Boston to South London! :wink:
    I don't know what you're talking about! :P
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    seanoconn wrote:
    daviesee wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    My local is pretty friendly. I often pop in for a quick drink with the colourful regulars. The owner of the bar, Tam Malone, is a retired football player; Dr. Brasier - the "resident psychiatrist" who frequents the bar and could often use a little analysis himself; Norman - a semi-professional beer drinker and Clifford - a thirtysomething mailman who still lives with his mother. To get away from their "hum-drum" lives, they all come to the bar where "Everybody Knows who you are".
    It's a long walk from your local to home.
    Boston to South London! :wink:
    I don't know what you're talking about! :P
    Sometimes you just want to go to a place where everyone knows your name.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • I managed to find a chuffing awful pub in town on Sat night; beer that smelt of drain cleaner, guinness with no head, missing link regulars, surly looking prisoner cell block H look-a-like barmaids, shocking early 80s decor. So bad I thought it was a wind up!
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    My local pub is now called Tesco Express :(
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Worst pub I've been in was in the mid 80s in Edinburgh. Think it was called The Pennywell on Pennywell Rd. What a shithole! Didn't even order a drink. Place went hushed when I walked in, so just turned around and walked out again.
    That's Pilton, not surprised.
    I drove through there in the mid 80s too as a short cut to work (not far away) and quickly decided not to stop for any reason. :shock:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.