Tektro Auriga Comp back brake

mick851
mick851 Posts: 56
edited May 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Anybody have any ideas how to fix this, my back brake is a Tektro Auriga Comp, when you take the back wheel off then put it back on, the brake pad is rubbing up against the rotor, so after undoing the two bolts and messing about getting the rotor central to the brake pads then tighten bolts back up its fine until you take the wheel off, even the bike shop cant work it out. the frames fine, every nut bolt etc is fine apart from this brake :roll: :roll: :roll:

Comments

• 97th choice
    97th choice Posts: 2,222
    Overfilled? Maybe try letting a little of the mineral oil out?
    Too-ra-loo-ra, too-ra-loo-rye, aye

Giant Trance
    Radon ZR 27.5 Race
    Btwin Alur700
    Merida CX500
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Pulling the lever while the wheel is out?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mick851
    mick851 Posts: 56
    Thank you for the reply's, The lever wasn't pulled when the wheel was out, I had the brakes bled about five months ago, they were working fine until the other week when i was out on our local trail, then the brake pad started rubbing on the rotor, I did mention when i was in the bike shop would it help if a bit of mineral oil was let out, he just said no. the bike shop did face off where the brake fastens onto the frame to make sure they're all square......... but its still the same :(
  • bikaholic
    bikaholic Posts: 350
    Rock the rear wheel from side to side - there is play in the hub if you can hear a knocking sound.

If you frequently do wheelies and/or manuals, check for a broken axle and the condition of the QR skewer. A bent skewer may cause the serrated nut and the serrated part of the cam to slip slightly when you tighten it up.

If none of the above, check that the disc is actually rubbing on the pads from side to side as sometimes the rotor or the hub does not describe a perfect circle when they spin (ie spins like an egg and touches the inside top of the caliper).

If still not done, check for damage along the seatstays and chainstays.