Tyres

Irri_Tant
Irri_Tant Posts: 195
edited June 2013 in The workshop
Bought some 23c Armadillo Elites to replace what I thought were 25c on the bike :oops:

Will they fit my 2010 Boardman Hybrid Pro rims? The bike came with 28c as standard.

Comments

• owenlars
    owenlars Posts: 719
    Go to this link and the download contains a list of all rims and compatible tyre sizes. Page 7 is what you are looking for.

http://www.schwalbe.co.uk/_webedit/uplo ... 20Info.pdf
  • Irri_Tant
    I'll have a read, thanks
  • Irri_Tant
    Anyone know the rim spec for the Ritchey Pro Rims fitted to the bike or have a link to the 2009 bike specs?
  • Irri_Tant
    got this reply from Boardman Bikes Britpack on FB
    Thanks for sending us your question, the tyre would fit on to the rim but would be stretched close to its limits and so we would not advice this, but 25c-28c are fine alternatives.
    Many thanks
    Social Media Team

So I need to get some 25c ones
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Measure the rim internal width and compare to what Spesh say they will fit up to - willing to bet they'll be fine.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Naugas
    Naugas Posts: 10
    I wouldn't worry a bit, just use the tires you bought. I do advocate wider tires in general, but if you already have bought them I'd say use them.
  • Irri_Tant
    Well I fitted them then had a 'blow out' whilst I stood back and admired them on the rims whilst on the bike stand. Tube has an X shaped hole in it and the tyre blew off the rim for about 5cm in length. Have refitted the old 28c ones while I decide if I should use the 23c ones
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That's not an issue with width, but a tyre problem, send it back!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.