SLX M675 Shadow+ or XT M781 Derailleur

paulski1966
paulski1966 Posts: 98
edited May 2013 in MTB buying advice
Going 1x10 and looking for a new rear derailleur. The XT M781 and SLX M675 Shadow+ are pretty much the same price - so what do people recommend - know the XT is the step up from SLX, but the SLX is shadow+ - does that make a big difference? Will be going on a One One 456, doing mostly trail riding.

Comments

• peter3hg
    peter3hg Posts: 15
    I would go with the SLX. The only real advantage of the XT is slightly lighter weight but the Shadow+ is definitely worth it.
  • sharky1029
    sharky1029 Posts: 188
    XT is not that different and the shadow + is definitely worth the extra weight
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'd go for a Zee. That's what I've done. Limiting if you want to go 2x as it is 1x specific, but its a really nice compact mech.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    mcnultycop wrote:
    I'd go for a Zee. That's what I've done. Limiting if you want to go 2x as it is 1x specific, but its a really nice compact mech.

+1. I'd go for a short cage mech if I was going single ring
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • paulski1966
    paulski1966 Posts: 98
    Cheers for the advice everyone.

Went for the SLX in the end. Seriously considered the Zee, but managed to get the SLX for under £50 so was cheaper then the Zee, and like the idea of going to double and bash if needed at a later date.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Not that the advice is any use to you now you've spent your money, but I managed to get the Shadow+ XT from Rose Bikes for less than any of the UK suppliers wanted for the SLX
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er