Poor service from lbs

nik6158
nik6158 Posts: 32
edited May 2013 in Road general
I took my rs10 front wheel in 2 weeks ago to have a new spoke fitted and be trued, was told 2-3 days. After a week with no contact i go in to find out the had only just ordered the spoke and it would be ready next day again after no contact for a week i have been in today and they have still not started the wheel (they'll try and do it today.) I understand things can take longer than expected but the least they could do is let me know, i really wanted to put the wheels on for my 1st sportive tomorrow. :(

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Kool Story Bro.
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Well you wont be going back there again!! :(
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Did you tel them you wanted it for a sportive ride - they generally bump you to the head of the queue.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • danlikesbikes
    danlikesbikes Posts: 3,898
    Did they do a good job, if so & they were reasonable in price I wouldn't count them out for future work perhaps just be more conscious of setting a deadline and letting them know why. My LBS lent me a set of wheels when mine were in for some work as they couldn't do the work for when I needed them.
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • NeXXus
    NeXXus Posts: 854
    Why not complain to them? Instead of here where they won't know they have a dis-satisfied customer.
    And the people bowed and prayed, to the neon god they made.
  • RiderUk
    RiderUk Posts: 71
    Two weeks sounds way to long,explaining that you have a cycling event coming up that you wish to attend may have helped.
  • greasedscotsman
    greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
    Did you tel them you wanted it for a sportive ride - they generally bump you to the head of the queue.

Could you tell them you wanted it for a race? That has to out rank a sportive, doesn't it? :wink:
  • thefd
    thefd Posts: 1,021

Could you tell them you wanted it for a race? That has to out rank a sportive, doesn't it? :wink:
    Or say you needed it for the Giro...that out ranks any other race (except the tour)
    2017 - Caadx
    2016 - Cervelo R3
    2013 - R872
    2010 - Spesh Tarmac