Devinci Hectik build - first ride

ilovedirt
ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
edited May 2013 in Your mountain bikes
So I've decided to consolidate my fleet into one again, one bike for all duties with a spare wheelset for downhill. I've sold the Sunday, but kept the Ragley frame (love that thing) with the view to building it up again when I can afford it. Gone 10sp Zee on this setup, seems pretty nice! Anyway, some photos.

p4pb9531511.jpg

p4pb9531509.jpg

p4pb9531524.jpg

p4pb9531518.jpg
Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    That's a beauty.
  • ilovedirt
    Cheers!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Barrelmaker
    Barrelmaker Posts: 188
    Do you like funky top tubes on your bikes?! Either way its good to see something a bit different.
  • ilovedirt
    Haha, I did notice yesterday that this, my Ragley and my old Slayer have pretty much identical top tubes, I think it looks cool :)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Like that a lot!
  • ilovedirt
    Cheers! Might get it out tomorrow/Sunday, it's a pretty big frame, so I'm hoping it won't be too large for me on the steep stuff, gotta drop the post a good way.
    Also tempted to get some offset bushes/an angleset to slacken it out a bit, it's a bit steeper than I'm used to and I'll be taking it out to the alps this summer.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt
    Got it out for it's first proper ride today down the local woods for some downhill-ish action, this thing corners on rails, i love it! Was manualling and popping out of corners without even trying haha. Not as stable as the Sunday, but I guess that's to be expected.

couple of photos:

p4pb9577194.jpg

p4pb9577187.jpg
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • James Q
    James Q Posts: 201
    like the look of this! How do you find 1x10 set up?
  • T.Howler
    T.Howler Posts: 47
    Yes Sam nice bike! surprised you minimised the fleet i still find having a bike for a job is better than trying to squeeze many jobs out of one bike, especially when you damage one etc. but im also greedy with the bike collection (trying to minimise now by selling the fixie :( ) lol

but the bike looks awesome but very tall?
  • ilovedirt
    James Q wrote:
    like the look of this! How do you find 1x10 set up?
    It's good, nice to have an extra gear and the zee stuff shifts really well. I like it so far :)
    T.Howler wrote:
    Yes Sam nice bike! surprised you minimised the fleet i still find having a bike for a job is better than trying to squeeze many jobs out of one bike, especially when you damage one etc. but im also greedy with the bike collection (trying to minimise now by selling the fixie :( ) lol

but the bike looks awesome but very tall?
    Haha, yeah to be honest I'll probably buy another downhill bike at some point, I just like to chop and change, this thing is perfectly at home on a downhill track though :) And I was fed up of the Sunday constantly having problems...

And yeah, tall frame, but I'm pretty tall so it's fine ;) I was worried it might be too big, but got it on the steep stuff today and it's fine.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    That's a lovely bike :) However, what do you think you're trying to pull over us? We all know you walked the frame to that tree, took the picture, then walked it home again. Look how clean it is!

I'd have done the same thing...
  • ilovedirt
    Haha, dry trails! susprisingly! I can take a photo of my knee pads that were new before yesterday, when i crashed in a nice loamy berm, haha.
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    Looks nice man!