Anybody check this spec out? Bianchi and campagnolo??

KevChallis
KevChallis Posts: 646
edited May 2013 in Road beginners
I know about certain things, but this is not one of them, does this spec look any good?

FOR SALE is my "as new " BIANCHI C2C ALU HYDRO-VIA NIRONE 7 road bike, it is a 2010 but has only done less than 20 miles.

DETAILS ARE:

BRAKES campagnolo veloce - BRAKE LEAVER mirage 10 speed - FORKS bianchi K-Vid Alu Carbon - FRONT DERAILLEUR campagnolo ct - REAR DERAILLEUR campagnolo mirage

HUBS bianchi componenti miche - CHAIN DX 10 SC - SPROCKET omega fsa 50/34T - PEDLES keo easy - SEAT POST bianchi RC carbon - SADDLE san marco ponza

WHEELS ambrosio ws 23 ( black ) - FRAME SIZE 54cm - BARS big piega

Thanks
Kev
PlanetX Pro Carbon
Voodoo Bizango

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Depends what the asking price is, doesn't it.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • KevChallis
    £500 at the moment, buy it now for £750
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • KevChallis
    Anybody please?
    Kev
    PlanetX Pro Carbon
    Voodoo Bizango
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    I'm pretty sure the new version is just under a grand. £500/£600 would be a good price I think?

Wouldn't personally pay £750 for a 3 year old bike when the new version is just under a grand, despite the apparent low milage (how do you know its only done 20 miles?)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Not sure on spec but I would not pay £750 for it.
    Maybe if it stays low you could have a punt.
    Often feel ebay is better for selling than buying bike stuff.

Searching out a sale offer is a better option IMO.
    You will get a warranty, no hidden history and delivered to your door.
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Carbonator wrote:
    Not sure on spec but I would not pay £750 for it.
    Maybe if it stays low you could have a punt.
    Often feel ebay is better for selling than buying bike stuff.

Searching out a sale offer is a better option IMO.
    You will get a warranty and no hidden history.

I agree with this in general; the only problem that you have is that we're now into peak season for all this stuff. The best times to look are after Christmas / towards the end of the year as retailers look to unload last year's stock.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    True. Its a difficult thing to do at the best of times anyway.

How about 0% over 2 years at LBS?
    Use cash you have on deposit.
    You can get a better spec bike and have enough cash to wisely buy other bits you need online.
    Stick the rest in an account to offset payments.
    Credit rating is improved (if you need it to be) when you have paid off too.

I used to always have something (maybe not as expensive as a bike) on 12 months 0% when was younger. I never noticed the payments coming out and my credit history was rock solid.
    Once I applied for something over the phone. The lady snottily said she would just have to go and check my suitability. Not sure what she saw but when she came back to the phone she spoke to me like royalty!
  • Bar Shaker
    Bar Shaker Posts: 2,313
    JD Cycles in Benfleet have some used ones in there for much less than £750. That was with Veloce.

There was a 2011 that looked reasonable with a 55 frame (a 53 for anyone else) that was £400. Think it had been taken as a trade in and was just looking to be moved on. It looked clean and everything worked.

I seriously doubt the bike has just done 20 miles. Just buy one as though it has done 1500 miles a year for every year old it is and you won't be far off. If it's done any less that is your benefit but don't pay more for something that can't be proved.
    Boardman Elite SLR 9.2S
    Boardman FS Pro