reasons to be cheerful...

chris_bass
chris_bass Posts: 4,913
edited May 2013 in Road general
This week i have discovered that my job is being made redundant so i'm having to reapply for internal roles, i've had to make a doctors appoitment for the first time in 6 weeks (i had health problems which meant i had to have them twice a week before that) and my commuter bike is finally giving up after years of abuse but.....

its a beautiful sunny day,
there is hardly any wind,
and due to my rubbish commuter bike I am cycling home on my good bike

so all in all i'm ignoring the bad and concentrating on the good today!!

anyone else want to share cheefulness and spread the joy?
www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes

Comments

• goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    Its a great day, I sit overlooking the Thames and loads of peeps out jogging and sunning themselves.

I have cut off nearly a minute off my commute in the last few weeks so am feeling good. Strava it up baby!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • c-mac
    c-mac Posts: 30
    Redundancy = more time to do things you want to. Riding.

That's how I'm looking at my redundancy anyway.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    c-mac wrote:
    Redundancy = more time to do things you want to. Riding.

That's how I'm looking at my redundancy anyway.

I like it! and we are allowed to take time off to prepare for other job interviews! I reckon I could think of some good questions and interview techniques whilst out on a ride so that is preperation in my book!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • cat_with_no_tail
    cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
    View from my office window:

temporary.jpg

Whose got 2 thumbs and is going for a ride straight after work?

THIS GUY!
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    End of 2012 ealy 2013 were bad for me:

Made redundant in Dec 12
    Broke my wrist in Jan 13 - Still not quite right
    3 bikes nicked in Feb 13 - about £2k
    Boiler broke down and needed replacing in March 13 - Another £2k

But hey ho, found a new job and the sun's shining...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • cheaterkiller
    cheaterkiller Posts: 159
    Chris Bass wrote:
    This week i have discovered that my job is being made redundant so i'm having to reapply for internal roles, i've had to make a doctors appoitment for the first time in 6 weeks (i had health problems which meant i had to have them twice a week before that) and my commuter bike is finally giving up after years of abuse but.....

its a beautiful sunny day,
    there is hardly any wind,
    and due to my rubbish commuter bike I am cycling home on my good bike

so all in all i'm ignoring the bad and concentrating on the good today!!

anyone else want to share cheefulness and spread the joy?

Im out of work and I hate it. However im glad Im not in work today. Nice easy 50 miles in light winds and sunny sunshine. It was warm too. Thank **** I didnt have to sign on, waste of time and due to the time I do so, would have screwed my day up. First time this year I wore only 1 layer of clothing.
  • esafosfina1
    esafosfina1 Posts: 153
    Five days off the bike due to a saddle-sore the size of San Marino, a course of antibiotics, and foolishly agreed to help a friend paint a room... got out this arvo for a snappy hour on the bike, legs felt like shit, knees were killing me and the nether-rgions were tender as all f**k... BUT... it was stunning out, and I swallowed my first fly of the year! Nice! :D
  • Mikey41
    Mikey41 Posts: 690
    Beautiful day up here, legs out in the sunshine for a really nice 42 hilly miles. Well, apart from the surprise 20%er that didn't make itself obvious :o but good training for my next sportive in 3 weeks, I need to survive 60 miles for that one. :D
    Giant Defy 2 (2012)
    Giant Defy Advanced 2 (2013)
    Giant Revel 1 Ltd (2013)
    Strava
  • Yep, lovely weather here to. Managed to get a quick fun 90 mins in after work despite having a head cold with it's accompanying stream of phlegm, and the missus appears to have acquired a couple of scones and some clotted cream... they have no long to live :)
    Mangeur