Gloves

Yacoby
Yacoby Posts: 211
edited May 2013 in Commuting general
Looking for some mitts for for a women, with the aim to try and take as much of the vibrations out of the bars (they are flat bars) as possible (Her commute is along a gravel towpath).

I wondered if anyone had any suggestions gloves wise?

Comments

• I dont know if they will stop her feeling vibrations but I've found the gloves with gel pads on the palm to be very comfortable.I think a variety of different brands do them now.
    What bike is she on?
  • Yacoby
    Yacoby Posts: 211
    It is a old Trek hybrid. So 700c wheels and short travel forks. It has been treated well and seems in fairly good condition apart from the forks which seem crap. (Not that plush at all) Rockshox Ruby IIRC.

If I had more money at this point I would just go and buy some carbon bars. (I have some old EC70s but I am not convinced about them. They have a couple of scratches some of which go into the weave and I don't want to give her trashed bars and then have them snap)

Really I was wondering if anyone some real likes gel gloves wise? I don't really care about the gender that the gloves people recommend are for they are for as most (popular) gloves seem to be made for both genders.

The ones I had mused over were:
    Pearl Izumi Women's Elite Gel Vent (Probably the upper bound of what I want to spend)
    Specialized BG Comp Women's Mitt (Because a mtber a while back said they liked Specilized BG gloves)
  • godders1
    godders1 Posts: 750
    I have the men's version of these and love them:

http://www.prendas.co.uk/details.asp?ty ... =6&ID=3134
  • daddy0
    daddy0 Posts: 686
    I have a pair of these:
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/gore-bike-wear-power-20-short-finger-gloves/

BUT, despite also having carbon forks I still get the vibration tingles. I seem to only get them in my left hand though. Makes me think that I am probably gripping on too tight with my left hand. Also makes me think that I need to buy some new gloves (and carbon bars & stem).

Maybe you could let some air out of her tyres to add some more cushioning?