Can anyone help

ademort
ademort Posts: 1,924
edited June 2013 in The cake stop
Here in the Netherlands near a town called Domburg in the province of Zeeland a wooden casket was washed up on the shores a few months ago. It looks similar to the type of casket you would have containing ashes after a cremation.On the casket is the text Victoria Duggin died 29th June 2012.
It,s normal for the local council to disgard anything unclaimed after one month but given the fact that this may be of sentimental value the council have tried without success to find the owner or family of what appears to be a deceaseds ashes. Can anyone help in locating family who may wish to claim the casket and it,s contents.
Ademort
ademort
Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    edited May 2013
    I don't know this for a fact but I believe that burial at sea is now only carried out with cremated remains - this may explain how it ended up washed up on a beach(?)

Forgive me for stating the bleedin' obvious but I would have thought, given a name and death date and the fact that the label is in English it would be sensible to at least start by looking at UK registry of Births Marrriages and Deaths - these are matters of public record aren't they?
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • laurentian
    laurentian Posts: 2,505
    Having seen the above link, its interesting that the "casket" doesn't look like it was designed to sink!
    Wilier Izoard XP
  • FastMike
    FastMike Posts: 1
    I Think this belongs to a guy call Allan Duggin... allanduggin@izafel.co.uk
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    If you know Allan could you ask him to contact the people concerned using the link supplied above by nicklouse.
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura