Giant anthemx3 29er with ztr rims (lots of pics)

Brown sauce
Brown sauce Posts: 111
edited May 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hello, just had my new wheels delivered so I thought I should post some pics. I bought this bike a couple of months ago when I signed up for the London to Brighton off road bike ride. It's pretty much how I want it now, may get a dropper post but am undecided at the moment. And may get some flat bars but also undecided at the mo.

Pics are as my bike started off (saddle with carbon fibre rails upgraded on purchase) through to how it is 2 months on with new wheels that I bought from Just Riding Along wheels who were brilliant and provided a really good service if anyone is thinking about buying some wheels

I went for ztr arch rims, dt Swiss comp spokes and nipples on American classic hubs. I also got them to attach an XT cassette for me

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-7.jpg
2015 Stanton Switchback
1993 Kona Lavadome

Comments

• James Q
    James Q Posts: 201
    That looks really nice, how does it ride? like the new wheels.
  • Brown sauce
    James Q wrote:
    Thank you,

I have literally just fitted the wheels, going to go for a ride in the morning so not sure how the wheels feel. But the bike on the old wheels is amazing. Before I have always had hard tails so wanted to try something different. The full suspension is so nice on trails and downhill and gives loads more confidence down hill. Up hill is good and the forks both have fox's climb/trail/descend which is really good. The fronts I leave on descend except for on roads but the rear shock I change quite a bit. But I love it and am really glad I went for it after lots of looking around at different makes.
    2015 Stanton Switchback
    1993 Kona Lavadome
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    James Q wrote:
    Thank you,

I have literally just fitted the wheels, going to go for a ride in the morning so not sure how the wheels feel. But the bike on the old wheels is amazing. Before I have always had hard tails so wanted to try something different. The full suspension is so nice on trails and downhill and gives loads more confidence down hill. Up hill is good and the forks both have fox's climb/trail/descend which is really good. The fronts I leave on descend except for on roads but the rear shock I change quite a bit. But I love it and am really glad I went for it after lots of looking around at different makes.

I like your bike. please let me know how it rides and the advantages you find with it being a 29er.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • tarbot18
    tarbot18 Posts: 531
    nice bike , i take it your single, mtb + cream carpet = single
    The family that rides together stays together !

Boardman Comp 29er 2013

Whyte T129s 2014 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12965414&p=18823801&hilit=whyte+t129s#p18823801

Road Scott speedster s50 2011
  • Brown sauce
    tarbot18 wrote:
    nice bike , i take it your single, mtb + cream carpet = single

Haha no just a very understanding girlfriend. We're moving in a few weeks where the bike will get demoted to the garage :(
    2015 Stanton Switchback
    1993 Kona Lavadome
  • Brown sauce
    mikeyj28 wrote:
    James Q wrote:
    Thank you,

I like your bike. please let me know how it rides and the advantages you find with it being a 29er.

Thanks a lot. I bought a 29er last year. A specialized hardrock. I loved how it felt and now I'm converted to 29. I'm into cross country though which it's good for. On trails they roll over stuff easier and being bigger wheels you have more tyre touching the ground. I think 26 probably better for downhill/free ride. Then there is 650b which is happy medium. It's all personal preference though I guess. But I definitely find 29er wheels good. Especially the new ones I have just got weigh about 1600g....the ones I took off were 2300g.
    2015 Stanton Switchback
    1993 Kona Lavadome
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    Looks good, not sure about the blue nipples though.