2011 Rockhopper Comp SL

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited September 2013 in Your mountain bikes
Hi,

Pics of my 2011 Rockhopper which I've been upgrading... got some tubeless Stans rims with Hope hubs, XT crank, shifters, cassette, shifters and mechs, eggbeater 3's and a x9sl chain.

next is to get some better brakes and forks :mrgreen:

photo3_zpsfc7a07c8.jpg

Comments

• chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    looking good, some nice upgrades there :D
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Looking nice, forks next I'd say!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • DanDax1990
    DanDax1990 Posts: 1,201
    Looking good, Which model are they?
  • jerryfudd
    DanDax1990 wrote:
    Looking good, Which model are they?

120mm SID RCT3 Solo's, got some XT brakes waiting to go on aswell but need to get some 180mm rotors.

Dan
  • jerryfudd
    ...just an update with the 180mm XT brakes

IMG_1616_zpsf47b9853.jpg

IMG_1618_zpsa2647df0.jpg

Dan
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    More like it! Looking good and the white forks match the frame colouring better than the original black!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jerryfudd
    The Rookie wrote:
    More like it! Looking good and the white forks match the frame colouring better than the original black!

thanks, really wasnt sure when I was thinking of buying them but were only available in white so all worked out.

shame were only QR but got the hub adaptors front and rear for the DTSwiss 9/10mm axles.

Dan
  • iand-83
    iand-83 Posts: 132
    What travel were the original forks? Were they 100mm? Just asking as I have a 2008 Rockhopper Pro and was looking at changing to 120mm forks. Definitely want to get my frame painted red as the colour I have is a weird anodized light blue finish.
  • jerryfudd
    Iand-83 wrote:
    What travel were the original forks? Were they 100mm? Just asking as I have a 2008 Rockhopper Pro and was looking at changing to 120mm forks. Definitely want to get my frame painted red as the colour I have is a weird anodized light blue finish.

yes they were 100mm.

Dan
  • jerryfudd
    just one more...... took it out for a ride at the weekend and couldnt resist the photo opportunity :mrgreen:

photo_zps9a45dafc.jpg
  • bigmitch41
    bigmitch41 Posts: 685
    Nice, same model as my Rockhoper but in matt black. Picked Her up last year in mint condition and first job I did was to swap the fork, I went with the Reba RLT Solo air's in 100mm & transformed the handling straight away, I put a set of Maxis Highrollers on and fitted some Ergo grips, think the next job would be to go for some new wheels..

My first decent bike for about 25 years lol.
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • Gibbo3771
    Gibbo3771 Posts: 145
    Damn that is hot, saw the first pic and was like "yeah looks nice".

Then new white fork, I got a wet spot for white forks, awesome stuff, nice ride :D
  • What front mech have you got on there? Slowly upgrading my matte black version of this and stumped on what front mech to put on, cheers.
    Matt
    Cotic BFE MK II
  • What front mech have you got on there? Slowly upgrading my matte black version of this and stumped on what front mech to put on, cheers.
    Matt

XT m770 I believe.

Dan
  • Cheers Dan, I managed to get an SLX front mech for free, and then realised the Alivio's clamp was lower as the bottle cage mounts get in the way,
    Cotic BFE MK II