2012 Montague Paratooper

jerryfudd
jerryfudd Posts: 343
edited February 2014 in Your mountain bikes
Hi,

Just some pics of my (folding) commuter - due to the train commute it has to be a folder :evil: but settled on the Paratrooper after trashing a Brompton and 2 Dahon's a few times over :oops:

Went for the lower end bike and swapped out forks, crank, cassette, both deraileurs, shifters, brakes, pedals, tyres all the cables.... oh and the saddle :mrgreen:

photo1_zps95d8519a.jpg

photo2_zps9277e52b.jpg

photo4_zpsa56e434f.jpg

photo3_zpse17d111b.jpg

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Vive la difference!
    My commuter, whilst very different from yours, is much the same principle, it works very well for me on my commute, for anyone/where else it's probably not the best!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • jerryfudd
    Vive la difference!
    My commuter, whilst very different from yours, is much the same principle, it works very well for me on my commute, for anyone/where else it's probably not the best!

they did a 700c road frame too but quite like that on the mtb I can change out the tyres and its good for the odd bit of winter snow or off roading.

Dan
  • Wow, that is really unusual for a folder. I like it! Looks pretty well thought out.

Does it rattle itself to bits on bumps? Do you need to adjust cable tension every time you unfold it? Have you taken it offroad?

Just looked up this bike elsewhere too, seems pretty decent. I'd love to get hold of one of these frames for a build.
  • jerryfudd
    Wow, that is really unusual for a folder. I like it! Looks pretty well thought out.

Does it rattle itself to bits on bumps? Do you need to adjust cable tension every time you unfold it? Have you taken it offroad?

Just looked up this bike elsewhere too, seems pretty decent. I'd love to get hold of one of these frames for a build.

yes i've taken it off road and its solid, the main frame tube is hollow so have found it can echo with out the cover on it.

cable tension is fine only problem is that sometimes removing and re-fitting the wheel can put the rotor in a very slightly different position meaning a pad adjustment... not sure if that happens on stock it came with Promax mechanicals and XC something Suntour shocks which i swapped out for BB7 and RockShox XC30's.

Dan
  • jerryfudd
    updated..... fsa orbit headset and pace 29'er forks - yes the wheels are 26"...

E766D414-8E01-487C-8CC4-E8D9EBB1BC3A-26300-00000CE4D91AE241_zps3d7e74ec.jpg?t=1377596323

F1F1DD4C-AAED-4D82-9DA6-EA620D7DF96A-26300-00000CE4D13E6B42_zps8dd44c48.jpg?t=1377596257

Dan
  • Hi,
    I got one question. I got paratrooper bike as well and I was wondering about frame cover. Trouble is, I want to make one by myself (different fabric and molle tape configuration). Is it any chance that you colud make template on paper and send it to mea please? Ofcourse, I will pay you via PayPal shipping charge.
    cheers
    Martin
  • MartinPL wrote:
    Hi,
    I got one question. I got paratrooper bike as well and I was wondering about frame cover. Trouble is, I want to make one by myself (different fabric and molle tape configuration). Is it any chance that you colud make template on paper and send it to mea please? Ofcourse, I will pay you via PayPal shipping charge.
    cheers
    Martin

i'll drop you a pm
  • Very cool!
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube