Bike Cleaner

2»

Comments

• VTech
    VTech Posts: 4,736
    When you have the ability to change your bike every race it doesnt matter what you wash it with.
    Also, im not arguing that WUL will kill a bike, it will just shorten the life and looks.
    If your not bothered then it has no detrimental effect but for me, I like things to look nice for as long as possible.
    Living MY dream.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Cube acid mountain bike. Used for 4 years in competition and general use in all sorts of muddy conditions. Has a fox 100m front hydrophumatic fork with bare metal and aluminium steerer. I have cleaned it more times than I care to remember removing more dirt than your average road bike would ever accumulate even on the worst roads. I have used washing up liquid and sometimes cheap car shampoo to clean it and rinsed off with a low pressure hose. It still looks as good as the day I bought it in 2009 save a few stone chips and a badly scuffed gear lever. No premature ageing or creaking. If it were not for the battle scars I could describe it as good as new. This is my proof. No unaccredited here say on a web page or two passing off half arsed info as facts. I raced my MTB a few seasons with no problems. If it broke, I fixed it, I cleaned it and it still works 100% if you are going to say a pro team don't care about what they use cos they can replace them after every race, why clean them at all? Why not just pull out a new one from the box and a way you go.
  • VTech
    Ill bow out at this point as its becoming embarrassing.
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech wrote:
    Ill bow out at this point as its becoming embarrassing.

Wise man.......although I was rather hoping you'd have kept him on the hook :D
  • VTech
    I didn't want to embarrass him further. It wasn't fair :)
    Living MY dream.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    I don't go passing off crap I read online as fact. Thats embarrassing.

Then suggesting no one argues with your new found knowledge. Thats not just embarrassing its retarded
  • VTech
    My comment was made in jest, not to be offensive like yours.
    I never made the comment about washing up liquid because I read it online, I did so because it is factual and because I knew it.
    To suggest that a lifetime of washing a bike with washing up liquid and it still looks like new is insured because it won't.
    It will oxidise the paint at best and that's the way it is. I didn't wake up one day, speak with god and ask him to make this a reality, it's just the way it is.
    Salt oxidises paint.

Go to ANY seaside town as see the effect of salt in the air, cars oxidise and rot so much faster than inland. Are you suggest that this is not to do with salt as that moreover it is to do with something else ?

I don't wish to argue with you, I really regret mentioning it now but regardless, it's still correct.
    Living MY dream.