Team Sky and La Vie Claire

daviesee
daviesee Posts: 6,386
edited May 2013 in The cake stop
It seems to be shaping up nicely for some internal politics similar to Hinault and Lemond. :wink:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/22347741

FWIW, I think the holder should defend his jersey and Brad is the current team leader but Chris probably has the best chance of a win given the route.
Could be interesting..... :P
None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.

Comments

• Froome - Wiggins Battle It Out On Tour!!

Titanic Tour Leadership Struggle!!

Team Sky Torn Apart By Ego War!!

Subscribe to Sky Sports to get all the info, behind the scenes footage, and exclusive content on the explosive 2013 Tour de France. Call now!
  • daviesee
    Yup.
    It could be seen as manufactured hype.

We will see on the road.

Conversely, La Vie Claire and Hinault tried to play down the rivalry.
  • Simple question - would Darth Brailsford allow dissent in the Deathstar?

No.

One of them would be out on his ear - probably Wiggins, in my opinion, as it was bloody obvious in the final days of the 2012 TdF that Froome could have just left him behind.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    I was thinking of the Hinault v Lemond situation in '86. Parallels can be drawn, however I tend to agree with Dynamicbricks assessment certainly that Dave Brailsford will not tollerate any in fighting.

How he resolves that (if indeed there is any in the first place) will "come out in the wash".
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    If Wiggins doesn't win the Giro he'll go for the Tour and Froome will be forced to take second lead. Froome will then leave Sky in October and sign for BMC ;-)

[edit] And the mighty Porte will take second GC fiddle in Sky.
  • daviesee
    All very possible.
    What we do know is that there is still 2 months until the TdF depart.
    In that time both riders could be waylaid by illness or injury so Dave won't be bothered one iota at this point.

That will change come deadline day.

If there is no injuries or illness, and Brad still has some energy after the Giro then it will get interesting....
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,587
    Simple question - would Darth Brailsford allow dissent in the Deathstar?

No.

One of them would be out on his ear - probably Wiggins, in my opinion, as it was bloody obvious in the final days of the 2012 TdF that Froome could have just left him behind.

Really? All I saw was Froome briefly riding away, there was nothing to suggest he could sustain that long enough to overcome the time trial losses and his subsequent ride in the Vuelta (albeit tired by then) suggests that when left to his own devices and attacking like that on climbs he was prone to blowing himself up. Personally I think the way he had to ride to team orders secured him second place rather than costing him a win.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Dan Martin's going to win the Tour this year so it's all a bit pointless TBH :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Froomy is my mothers best friends daughters husbands brother. If I can, i'll ask him meself.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!