DT 415 (finally settled)

NWLondoner
NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
Upto now I have been contemplating a 23mm rim build but TBH due to several factors I'm shying away from them.

A DT 415 28h Laser F and 465 32h Race R with Hope 3 hubs is appealing :)

Any major issues with this build? I'm a portly 60kg and no power king ;)

One issue is that my 2 preferred builders don't use these rims/hubs so anyone else had a similar build who can recommend a builder.

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    it is a nice set...
    left the forum March 2023
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    I've just had some DT415's on Tune hubs delivered. Only ridden 15 miles on them so far but they feel stunning (and very light). I have new tyres and tubes on though - so not sure how much is the wheel and how much is the rubber (Veloflex Corsa 23 and latex tubes).
  • styxd
    styxd Posts: 3,234
    Why are you looking at those rims specifically?

I reckon ride rims are bestest. Velocity A23? You could probably get away with less spokes aswell.....
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    I've just had some DT415's on Tune hubs delivered. Only ridden 15 miles on them so far but they feel stunning (and very light). I have new tyres and tubes on though - so not sure how much is the wheel and how much is the rubber (Veloflex Corsa 23 and latex tubes).

Yeah... I have been riding Pave' 27 tubulars for a few months, which are not junk by any means, but then the other day I got the 23 Corsa CX out and the difference was quite remarkable
    left the forum March 2023
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Going to go 415 front and rear with Record Hubs. Laced with laser spokes. 32 per wheel so should be bombproof ;)

Now, silver or black spokes Hehe
  • smidsy
    smidsy Posts: 5,273
    Silver every time, black are weak.
    Yellow is the new Black.
  • brimmers
    brimmers Posts: 47
    I have silver RR465 32 hole on Duraace hubs, they are brilliant