GIANT Defy Advanced Di2

kfother
kfother Posts: 12
edited April 2013 in Your road bikes
Here`s my M/L GIANT Defy Advanced 2 (2012)

8691882727_23540963b9_b.jpg

8691876691_594c1a4348_b.jpg

8693001246_00aa498743_b.jpg

Changed a few things over the winter

* Upgraded to Ultegra Di2
* Changed the saddle to a Ritchey Contrail
* Changed the Stem to a Ritchey WCS X-axis 1.25"
* Changed the bars to Ritchey Superlogic Evolution Carbon bars.
* Changed the Wheelset to Shimano RS80 + Conti 4000S.

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    I think it deserves some better photos.
    Those bars just look wrong, not sure if its the angle of the photo, distortion of the photo, or if they are set up wrong?

I Like the wheels. Did you notice much difference in ride with the change of wheelset?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Looks really nice, the bars do look a bit of a strange angle but it may be the picture.
  • kfother
    Updated the main photos.

Apologies for the lack of detail. Using my phone camera until i find out where my 6 year old put the camera.

@ dwanes. I have never taken the PSL1`s out on the road. They were used while on the bike trainer over the winter. I had the RS80`s from my previous bike which was the Defy 1. I bought the Defy Advanced 2 on sale at the end of last year.

Now, to compare the PSL2`s against the RS80`s, that was night and day. They span up way quicker, no rubbing when i was really cranking it, and seemed to need way less effort.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Yeah bars ? You must really have to grip them !
    Bottoms should be parallel to the ground, pull 'em round but keep your levers in the same place.
    Is it really the right size for you ?
    You have what looks like a really short stem and the seatpost hardly extended on a semi compact frame. Sure the Defy is a comfort style bike but saddle and bars look almost level.
    All that said I quite like it, just needs some tweeks imo.
    Defo needs some better pics.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • kfother
    Thanks for the feedback. I get what your saying now about bars. It was bike shop that performed the UDi2 upgrade. I was none the wiser.

Size. I`m 5 ft 10" and was tried/tested on both M and M/L defy`s. I have lower back damage so was never going to be bent over too much. The M/L felt just more comfortable.

And as it is, i have never had back pain riding so far.

80mm stem is on now. It was sized for 90mm stem orginally , but when I bought the 44cm compact Bars, that threw geometry out again. 80mm is back in the sweet spot.