Etape Caledonian - ride available

Forced to withdraw due to recent arm/wrist op. - seems a shame to completely waste my entry so PM me if you are interested - first £30 bid secures.

Comments

• Stedman
    Stedman Posts: 377
    fridgeboy wrote:
    Forced to withdraw due to recent arm/wrist op. - seems a shame to completely waste my entry so PM me if you are interested - first £30 bid secures.

Are you going to turn up in person with your passport or driving licence in order to collect the number and timing chip?
  • fridgeboy
    fridgeboy Posts: 37
    Nope - but I will provide the paperwork (certified copy) to allow someone else to collect my registration pack.
  • Stedman
    fridgeboy wrote:
    Nope - but I will provide the paperwork (certified copy) to allow someone else to collect my registration pack.

If you look at the event terms and conditions the following apply.

“Participant” means the person named on the Entry Form who will be participating in
    the Event.

2.8 At registration, the Participant must produce appropriate photographic personal
    identification acceptable to the Event Organiser (such as drivers licence or passport).
  • fridgeboy
    If you read the FAQs you'll understand more...
  • Stedman
    edited April 2013
    fridgeboy wrote:
    If you read the FAQs you'll understand more...

To quote from http://etapecaledonia.co.uk/faqs.html#transfer

Can I give my space to a friend?

No. Please note that it is not possible to change participants' details at any stage in the lead up to the event and entries and non transferable. Racing under someone else's race numbers is against the rules and will lead to disqualification.

I think that I understand this FAQ.
  • beinbhan
    beinbhan Posts: 52
    Its not a race :twisted:
  • fridgeboy
    Sheesh - forgot to mention - those of a nervous disposition should not apply.
  • RandG
    RandG Posts: 779
    beinbhan wrote:
    Its not a race :twisted:

According the the etape site, it is.

What time does the race start?

The race will start at 06:30am.
  • Stedman
    fridgeboy wrote:
    Sheesh - forgot to mention - those of a nervous disposition should not apply.

The Etape organiser have already had their fingers burnt on places changing hand when, in front of the press, Batman and Robin two years ago did not turn up to collect their prizes!
  • fridgeboy
    I watched the prize giving in 2011 and no-one died as far as I can remember. You need to slacken your tie and live a little - if everyone obeyed the rules the world would be a pretty awful place.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    lighten up a little, it's a bike ride nothing more nothing less, not a place on the last lifeboat from the titanic
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Scozz76
    Scozz76 Posts: 27
    we never had to show any ID last year at registration..... TBH it was all a bit of a non event, walked into the tent, found our envelopes said cheers to the guy behind the table and walked out!
  • fridgeboy
    Entry still available as at 3rd May

As Scozz76 says above - there is never any issue with collecting someone else's entry
  • d4evr
    d4evr Posts: 293
    Scozz76 wrote:
    we never had to show any ID last year at registration..... TBH it was all a bit of a non event, walked into the tent, found our envelopes said cheers to the guy behind the table and walked out!

^^^^THIS^^^^