Twitchy Bike

katiedonne
katiedonne Posts: 2
edited April 2013 in Road beginners
I have bought a road bike, with a carbon frame which has been properly measured for me, but ever time i ride it it feel so twitchy that it is difficult to even turn my head to look at traffic, and i certainly can't stand up on it? is it just a case of getting used to it or is there something wrong? does anyone have tips for getting used to this feeling?

Comments

• rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    What did you ride before? MTB? Road bikes will feel twitchy compared to other bikes and if you have been properly set up for it, I'd just give it more time - ride it in quiet places so you don't have to think and worry so much. Different bikes always feel odd. I don't ride my MTB much but it always feels amazingly high up because of the high bottom bracket and sludgy in the steering due to the wide bars!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Its normal for steering to feel twitchy at first (especially if you are used to riding an MTB) but you should soon get used. To narrower bars.

I had a 2 week spell on my MTB and road bike felt a bit twitchy when I got back on it.