iPhone Point to Point Navigation & Planning

cooldad
cooldad Posts: 32,599
edited April 2013 in MTB beginners
My first suggestion would be don't stick your phone on the bars - you will crash, it will break, and you will cry.
I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Yeah I can't help with the techie stuff - one of the children will be along soon I'm sure.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • You can use Endomondo to plan a route and follow it. It free on android and iphone although there is a pay version.

You can either pick someone elses route and follow it, best way is to go to routes at the top (on your laptop), find an area you want, find the routes you want and favourite them. Then when you start the app on your phone click the basic workout option next to the start screen and select follow route from your favourite list.

Or you can do the same above to a route of your own, favourite it and follow it again. Or on the routes tab in endomodo (in laptop again) you can create a route, again favourite it and follow in the same way.

You can probably do the same on strava aswell, but its not something i really need to use, i just head out and wander till i get bored or lost!
    2009 - Giant Trance X3

2011 - Focus Black Forest XT