Lezyne pump- small or medium?

Jon_1976
Jon_1976 Posts: 690
edited April 2013 in Road buying advice
I need a new pump and am thinking of getting a Lezyne Tech Drive HP. Is the medium size too long to keep in a jersey pocket? I've not been impressed with my current mini pump (which is small) and dont really want to frame mount.

Comments

• I use a lezyne mini abs pressure drive... fits in the back of my jersey pocket no problem, is beautifully made and works very very well
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    I've got a Lezyne Pressure Drive Mini Pump - small, and it just fits into my medium sized aero wedge saddle bag. Oh, and a CO2 canister + regulator which are small. Start off with the pump then top up to 110psi with the CO2. The pump will get my 23c tyres up to about 80psi.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    I prefer the medium because it is a fair bit quicker to get pressure in and is easier to hold. I use the bracket though. I reckon the medium is too big for a pocket if that is important to you.
  • Jon_1976
    Jon_1976 Posts: 690
    careful wrote:
    I prefer the medium because it is a fair bit quicker to get pressure in and is easier to hold. I use the bracket though. I reckon the medium is too big for a pocket if that is important to you.

Yeah, how its fit in pocket was the main detail. I really dont like/trust frame mounts. Do the small and medium reach the same pressure or does the small require popeye arms? I dont mind spending longer inflating with a small but if the pressure is significantly lower that could be a problem as I'm a fat git (88kg) running 23mm tyres.