Just got this given
Full dura ace with mavic rims
20130427171205.jpg

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Given to you? Result! Used to love my old flite saddle
  • Given? You lucky bugger...nice one.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    Nice...

But please change the bar tape... and next set of tyres not blue... please... 8)
    left the forum March 2023
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    edited November 2015
    Front tyre is black but it came with out a back one as the bikes last years was solely a turbo bike. I quite like the bar tape as it was popular from its era.
    Will strip the paint from the frame but will leave most of the chrome on it as that is in good nick.
    Frame is a columbus slx made by Paul Donohue .
    Going to find some retro pictures to get some ideas for the paint job and might get some Cinelli stickers instead of the Paul Donohue ones.Italian bikes do have shimano groupset on them too. ;)
  • Paul 8v
    I had some Cinelli splash tape back in the day, not sure about it nowthough. Some white tape would make it look a bit more classic, I seem to remember back in the old days most pro bikes had just black or white, I'm sure there were some teams that had the splash tape. Now days it is the reserve of bearded cycle tourers :-)
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    It is a far better thing to receive than to give. :shock:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
    ovi wrote:
    Front tyre is black but it came with out a back one as the bikes last years was solely a turbo bike. I quite like the bar tape as it was popular from its era.
    Will strip the paint from the frame but will leave most of the chrome on it as that is in good nick.
    Frame is a Cinelli columbus slx made in italy and not made by Paul Donohue but built up by him(I think).
    Going to find some retro pictures to get some ideas for the paint job and might get some Cinelli stickers instead of the Paul Donohue ones.Italian bikes do have shimano groupset on them too. ;)

I do remember bar tape from that era, but I wish I didn't... many things went wrong in the late 1980s and early 1990s in terms of fashion and style in cycling... remember Andy Hampsten glasses?
    left the forum March 2023
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    spot on...
  • Paul 8v
    Just googled that, not nice Oakleys!
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    replicating the Gianni Motta colours:

img0012ek.jpg
    img0011nrn.jpg