Bergen - Voss 2013

adamski_8
adamski_8 Posts: 35
Hi all,

Is anyone riding the Bergen - Voss on 1st June? It's a 165km sportive though the stunning fjords in Norway..if anyone has ridden this before what has your experience been like? Please do share :)

http://bergenck.no/defaultBV.aspx?pageId=118

Cheers
Craig

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    I did the road by car a few years ago... do you have to cycle through those miles long tunnels? I seem to recall a 4 miles long one with blue lights inside... definitively don't want to cycle there...
    left the forum March 2023
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    looked at it several times and almost went for it this year but put it off again. I hope to do it 2014 though for sure this time.

I have a few Norwegian friends and they are always reminding me that Bergen is the wettest place in Europe/Scandinavia so to plan for rain...
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Bigpikle wrote:
    looked at it several times and almost went for it this year but put it off again. I hope to do it 2014 though for sure this time.

I have a few Norwegian friends and they are always reminding me that Bergen is the wettest place in Europe/Scandinavia so to plan for rain...

It is a bit of a legend... when I went there I had three days of uninterrupted sunshine... then rain on day 4.

What is NOT a legend is how expensive it is to stay/eat/drink in Bergen... boy, at the time a 400 ml glass of beer was three times the price of a pint in Central London! A bottle of the cheapest Pinot Grigio that you use for cooking was 33 pounds
    left the forum March 2023
  • adamski_8
    adamski_8 Posts: 35
    indeed there are a couple of tunnels! all entrants must have a front and rear light or no ride... Should be quite an experience though. Luckily we have friends in Bergen so accommodation is sorted and learnt my lesson with the booze, wayyyy to expensive so best to buy that duty free in the UK and party hard after the ride. You could easily blow a couple hundred £s on a weekend for just food & drink. Yep the weather is hit and miss, but hey ho will man up and brave the elements..riding with my missus and 2 Vikings, they big lads so will get into that slipstream lol