Campag cassette, shimano/sram spacing, 10 speed

BeaconJon
BeaconJon Posts: 294
edited April 2013 in Workshop
Long story short, money is tight and i want to run a pair of Campag wheels on my new TT bike fitted with Sram shifters.

So my options are new freehub for my Novatech rear hub or a cassette that'll fit the Campag splines but have shimano spacing, do such cassettes exist? If so where can I buy one?

Cheers, Jon

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    I've got an unused cassette which is the opposite (Shimano splines, Campag spacing 10s)
  • BeaconJon
    BeaconJon Posts: 294
    Appreciate the reply but that's not really what I'm after. I see Ambrosio offer it that way round but not the way I need it.
  • Flexisurfer
    Flexisurfer Posts: 249
    I think webline cycle tool might do campagnolo splined shimano spaced cassettes, if I'm reading it right?
  • g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Check out cassettes from Miche and Marchisio - though you may need to build it up from sprocket and spacer kits.

You could also use the appropriate jtek shiftmate.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Try Highpath Engineering. They'll sort out your requirements.
  • flasher
    flasher Posts: 1,734
    I'm sure that you'll find a new freehub is the cheapest option.

http://www.bdopcycling.com/Wheels-Parts.asp
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    I've heard that you can run a Campy spaced cassette with Sram and Shimano shifters.
    No experience doing it myself but a few people on this forum claim no problem. As I recall.

Anyone know what the overall out to out dimension(in mm's) is of a Campy 10 speed cog set and a Sram / Shimano cog set? It's got to be pretty close to the same on all three(I would think).
  • racingcondor
    racingcondor Posts: 1,434
    In most (I only say most becasue I think there are some hubs that offer different end caps for the axle which does it for you) cases if you switch freehub you'll also need to redish the wheel though so unless you can do this yourself it's not a cheap option.